Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekly update.

Well now, Jache has gotten a haircut (pics coming soon, my camera has no batteries right now) She looks good. Planning on taking Mukki to the Garden state cat show this July.

Finally got my cherry tree in the ground, and also planted a hydrangea. Had a friend come over and help.

Coby and I saw the new Karate Kid movie. Personally, I give it a 10/10. Very nice remake. It followed the basic plot, but I enjoyed the differences greatly. Jaden Smith did well as a lead, and Jackie Chan rocks.

I've been re-reading some books with my e-book reader (Tamora Pierce books right now) and I've got a complaint. See, the books I'm reading are older, and it's obvious that they were transcribed so they'd be on the readers. There are a LOT of mistakes, spelling and in names. I'm sorry, I don't think that's acceptable, it reads like something someone in high-school wrote, and then didn't spell check. I normally cut a lot of slack for spelling, since I'm Disgraphic, but, these are PUBLISHED works. COME ON PEOPLE "and jew left the city" is just not paying attention ("and few left the city") but "Tjere" is something that WOULD be caught with spell check. and get the names right.

But, other then that, life is ok. I'm off to watch anime.

~Sprig

No comments:

Post a Comment