Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just checking in

Have you ever noticed that you never think about your toes until you can't feel them? Obviously, since I bring them up, I can't feel my toes. I'm still half frozen, waiting for this cold snap to break. So, now you're thinking, "Well, Sprig said there would not be a post until something happened or there was a thawing...so, what happened?"

In one word, Nothing. But I felt like sharing some stuff, so I'm on anyway. First off, and this is going to be a gripe that gets repeated, why is it that any time I want to go somewhere within a certain amount of time, I get stuck behind someone going at least 10 under the speed limit? Now, I live in the middle of nowhere, so I'm used to the people driving really slow for random reasons, stuck behind a tractor....a bear or a cow in the road... ice, a fallen tree, you know, normal stuff. One thing I can't stand, however, is Sunday Drivers. I know it's not very fair of me, after all, they're just out enjoying themselves, but I get annoyed just the same.

Admittedly, I'm territorial, so that has a lot to do with it. What really ticks me off is when they drive real slow, like they're lost, and you know they're not lost at all. Of course they aren't, you can see their GPS! They're "enjoying the sencery", particuarlly in the fall. Enjoying the veiw is fine, people, you're more then welcome to, but before you do, get off the damn road! For crying out loud, if the speed limit is 50, you sure as hell better be doing over 45 in good weather. Anything under that should be criminal.

I'm no speed freak, and on an empty back road I've been known to drive really slow, windows rolled down, all so my dog can enjoy the view. But that's an empty back road, not one of the two the main roads that goes though the area. So, if you're ever crusing though the country and suddenly want to slow down to take it all in, please remember that people actually live out there (I know, shocking, no?) and need to use those roads to get to work and such.


In other news. I ordered Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog on DVD. If you haven't seen it, you really should, it's one of the most entertaining things I've seen in a long while. The DVD should arrive sometime next week, and I'm really looking foward to enjoying the awsomeness.

Well, That's it for now, I'm off to watch the rest of Mimic 2 and maybe head to bed in a bit.

~Sprig

No comments:

Post a Comment