Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cat Show

Well, Mukki had his first cat show Sunday. We did really well, he acted wonderfully, like an old pro. It was a one day show, which I hear is very stressful for cats, and since he didn't have a problem, he most likely won't have issues at other shows (According to others). He was competing against another Maine Coon kitten in the long hair kitten class, and he was consistently beaten by the other one. In Mukki's defense, the other was older and more experienced. But, he did beat out the brown tabby kitten in the last ring and moved on to the finals, where he got 10th best kitten! I was amazed. Mostly, I was happy just knowing he was behaving well and seeming to enjoy all the attention. Not a hiss or a mew from him! Me on the other hand, I was NOT happy with the crowds. I hate crowds.

And it sounds like Dolly has figured out the Cat door. Dolly used to be known as Sally, but I kept calling her my baby doll, and Mom was calling her Dolly anyway, so we switched it.


So yes, YAY Mukki! We've signed up for next weekend's 2 day show, which is about the same distance as this weekends'. Quite a few people suggested it, and even though he lost out to the other kitten in most rings, I found out that the judges still thought Mukki was a fantastic kitten, it was just a matter of development. So, we're hopeful for next weekend. At the kitten age, it's really all about just getting experience. The points don't count towards anything really. So, after next weekend, I'll probably take a break with him. I talked to the woman with the other kitten (she's an old hand, and friends with the breeder I got Mukki from) and she said at his age, shoot for 2 shows a month to keep him good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment