Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Welcome Sally!


So, I went to the place where the Maine Coon kitten was, and naturally, I fell in Love. She's a sweetie, and has an awesome coat. I saw her playing with another cat, so I knew when she settled in she'd play with Mukki. After talking to the lady who runs the place, we agreed that I would be the one to take Sally, and better yet, I could take her that day! She's healthy, flea-free, spayed and Micro-chipped, and she's now home with me. Copper, Mukki, Sally and I are spending the next few days isolated in my living section. If Mukki gets too much for Sally, I send him up to mom and he works off the energy. Sally has already desided I'm cool, but she keeps hissing at Mukki and Copper. There's no agression in it, it's more of a warning, since she doesn't know they're harmless. Copper ignores it completely, and Mukki takes the hint and backs off. Other then that, she's settled in well. She's found her favorite spots, and she's used the litter box, so that's a big relief. Eventually, when she's fully comfortable, she'll probibly sleep on the bed with the boys and I, but last night she slept in the living room, which is fine. I think Mukki likes her, but he still can't get her to play. No worries, though, since it's been less then 24 hours. She does know her name, in case you are wondering.


Sally checking things out last night. Didn't take her long to find the bird cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment