Sunday, April 5, 2009

FMA 2: Or FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Ok, this would be the spot that I review the first ep for you all, and let you know what I think, since the first episode has come up releasedby a fansub group about an hour ago. Don't worry, I will be reviewing the episode later today.

First though, I want to say that FUNimation has already gotten the rights to this series. So, downloading it from a fansub group and burning it to a disk is illegal (not that I ever do that). They are going to be showing the episodes on their streaming site starting April 9th. This means that I'm going to be really good, and wait for episodes to come out on their site. Even though it takes a bit longer this way, I want to support what FUNimation is doing, as well as what VIZ, who is now showing series on their site. I'm useing this space right now to tell you to please hold off on the instant gratification of a fansub and support the companies that licence the series. This is nothing against a fansub. I love fansubs, and there are many series out there that are not being shown of FUNimation of VIZ or some of the other sites. Those shows, I will admit, I watch fansubed. I would never save and burn copys, however, since 1) you can get sued for that, and 2) I want to support the shows coming to the USA and other contires. This means when one of my shows gets picked up by an American company, I switch over to legal eps (though I may complaine about the long wait sometimes), and other Anime fans should be doing the same.

For the first FMA 2 ep, however, I will be watching a fansub later and letting you know how I feel about it. then on the 9th, I'll check the official version out. See how the sub-team did, though so far, they've been fantastic.

Edit:
I just watched the first episode. First, the opening song is amazing! So is the closing. The show itself, well, the animation is done by BONES, so it's fantastic. The VA's are a mix of old and new, but they're all very good. As for the story, it's showing a lot of promise. fist ep, I give a 10/10.

Next review will be D.gray man Dubbed, and hopefully 07-ghost soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment